Luxury cruise line Cunard is introducing voyage and tour packages on flagship ocean liner Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria. Cunard’s new pre- and post-cruise tours invite guests to fully immerse themselves in some of the world’s most beloved ports including Rome, Hong Kong, Dubai and Cape Town.
Tour packages range from three to four days and deliver a lively mix of iconic landmark and cultural activities, along with upscale hotel accommodations.
“For over 178 years, guests have sailed with Cunard to discover different cultures and explore the world,” said Josh Leibowitz, senior vice president, Cunard North America. “This year we’re excited to offer our guests an opportunity to extend their visits in some of our most iconic ports of call.”
Cunard’s new voyage and tour packages include:
Highlights of Rome
Cunard passengers enjoy a warm welcome in the Eternal City with the Highlights of Rome tour. This tour features the Trevi Fountain, Colosseum and St. Peter’s Basilica, along with two nights’ accommodations at the Starhotels Michelangelo Hotel, an elegant property located next to Vatican City. The pre-cruise tour is available to Queen Victoria guests who board in Rome on October 27, 2018 (V832).
Highlights of the tour include:
- The famous sights of Rome: Roman Forum, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Navona Square.
- An Italian lunch: The afternoon is highlighted by a delicious three-course lunch at a local trattoria.
- Vatican City: The world-famous city-state is home to the Roman Catholic Church, as well as the impressive St. Peter’s Basilica and Square.
Discover Hong Kong
The perfect way to kick-off or culminate a Cunard cruise in Asia, Cunard’s Hong Kong tour offers guests the opportunity to explore this thrilling city, known for its glittering skyscrapers, colorful markets, and serene monasteries and temples. Post-cruise tours are available upon arrival in Hong Kong on March 5, 2019 (M905, M905C), and pre-cruise tours are available on Queen Mary 2’s March 5, 2019 departure from Hong Kong (M906A).
Tour highlights include:
- The Peak Tram: The funicular railway takes guests to the top of Hong Kong Island to experience views of scenic hills, skyscrapers and Victoria Harbor.
- Sampan boat ride: Guests get a closer look at the famous Aberdeen typhoon shelters and the old-world fishing community.
- Imperial Dim Sum lunch: Outfitted in Chinese Imperial style, Hong Kong’s Jumbo Floating Restaurant, with its Cantonese food and red and gold pagodas, dazzles guests with the ultimate Dim Sum dining experience.
- Stanley Village: Travelers explore a myriad of bars and restaurants alongside the picturesque waterfront, as well as a wide selection of shops and more.
- Lantau Island: Hong Kong’s largest outlying island offers unspoiled countryside, lush green valleys, Cheung Shabeach and the extraordinary Tian Tan Buddha Statue
Dubai & Omani Peninsula
This tour delivers the best of Dubai, including Dubai Aquarium and Jumeirah Beach, as well as beautiful Musandam Peninsula. Post-cruise tours are available for Queen Mary 2 guests on the voyages departing from New York or Southampton on January 3, 2019 (M902B) and January 10, 2019 (M903), respectively. Pre-cruise tours are available on Queen Mary 2’s March 25, 2019 (M907), departure from Dubai.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Burj Khalifa Tower: Offering stunning, 360-degree views of the city from the 124th floor viewing observatory.
- Panoramic drive: Guests pass by Jumeirah Beach and Palm Island, with photo stops at the iconic Burj Al Arab and Atlantis The Palm
- Dubai Mall: The largest mall in the world features the Dubai Aquarium and an Olympic-sized ice rink.
- Abra ride: Travel across the waterway on an Abra, a local wooden boat, and discover colorful gold and spice souks.
- Musandam Peninsula: A traditional Arabian dhow cruise takes guests to the Omani border to discover ancient landscapes. Guests can swim, snorkel and enjoy a traditional buffet
Wild Cape Town
Guests spend four fabulous days in Cape Town discovering South Africa’s diverse and scenic ecosystems with three nights’ accommodations at the Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel, a property located a short walk from the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. The Cape Town tour is available pre-cruise Queen Victoria’s 16-night voyage out of Cape Town on April 12, 2019 (V909).
Highlights of the tour include:
- Cape Peninsula: A scenic drive along the peninsula and around Cape Point Nature Reserve.
- Cape Point tram ride: The funicular railway takes guests to the top of Cape Point to experience the breathtaking views of South Africa
- Boulders Beach penguins: The African penguin colony welcomes guests to get up close and personal with penguins
- Table Mountain: Ride the rotating cable car ride to the summit to admire the stunning views of nature above the protected area between Signal Hill and Cape Point.
- Constantia Valley: Visit and taste the wines of the Constantia Valley region where South Africa’s wine industry began centuries ago
Cunard is the operator of luxury cruise ships Queen Mary 2®, Queen Victoria® and Queen Elizabeth®. Renowned for impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment, all three Queens offer luxury accommodations in Britannia, Britannia Club, Princess Grill Suite and Queens Grill Suite staterooms. Cunard is the only line to offer regularly scheduled Transatlantic service between New York and London, and it continues to celebrate the freedom of travel on exciting World Voyage and Grand Voyage itineraries that visit Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Awarded ‘#1 Mega-Ship Ocean Cruise Line’ by Travel + Leisure’s 2018, 2017 and 2016 World’s Best Awards and ‘Best World Cruise Itineraries’ and ‘Best Trans-Atlantic Itineraries’ by Porthole Cruise Magazine’s 2016 Readers Choice Awards, Cunard is a proud member of World’s Leading Cruise Lines, a part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), the largest cruise vacation company in the world. Together Cunard, Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK) operate 102 ships visiting over 700 ports around the world and totaling 226,000 lower berths.