The coming year will mark several significant new openings for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world’s leading luxury hospitality company, with the debut of nine new hotels and resorts around the world, plus the continued expansion of its residential portfolio.
“Four Seasons is well positioned for continued success in 2019 with the steady and strategic growth of our global portfolio,” says Christian Clerc, President, Worldwide Hotel Operations, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “Our portfolio continues to grow at a healthy pace, as we focus on projects of the highest quality, in the destinations where our guests want to be. We remain committed to offering the very highest standards of hospitality as we expand with a diverse collection of properties, including our entry in Greece and Spain, our first resort set within a world class vineyard in Napa Valley, and the opening of our first standalone residences in London.”
Clerc continues, “With a continued focus on our residential portfolio, we are solidifying our market position as the world leader in luxury branded residential offerings. Eight of the nine new anticipated openings this year include a residential component, affirming the growing importance of branded residences to Four Seasons growth strategy as well as luxury consumers who want to live with our brand and make Four Seasons their home.”
Extensive Global Growth: 2019 Portfolio Openings
Now numbering 111 hotels and resorts in 47 countries – including recent openings in Desroches Island, Seychelles; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and São Paulo, Brazil – Four Seasons is planning to open the following new hotels, resorts and private residences in 2019:
- Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens – This project marks the long-awaited entry of Four Seasons in Greece with the transformation of the famed Astir Palace on the Athenian Riviera. The hotel will offer 303 rooms and bungalows along three private beaches with three pools, a spa and seven restaurants and lounges.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bangkok at Chao Phraya River –The return of Four Seasons to Thailand’scapital is scheduled to open this year as the fourth property in the company’s Four Seasons Thailand collection. The all-new complex spans 9 acres and 200 metres of prime river frontage with open courtyards, water features and works of art. Ballrooms offer stunning river views and outdoor spaces that are ideal for grand weddings and impressive events while three restaurants and a Latin American inspired social club bring glamour to the riverside lifestyle. With 366 Private Residences and 299 rooms and suites, many with generous outdoor terraces, the property brings the sophistication of a resort to the heart of Bangkok.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bengaluru at Embassy ONE – Set in the heart of India’s technology hub as part of the prestigious new Embassy ONE development, the property will feature 230 rooms, 105 Private Residences and prime commercial retail space. Within the hotel, guests will find warm and inviting restaurants featuring interactive live counters and artisanal offerings. The outdoor pool in the lush landscaped private gardens lends a resort-like ambience and the spa is an uplifting hideaway for modern and holistic wellness solutions. Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru joins its sister property in Mumbai as the second Four Seasons in India.
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas – Just a short flight from California, this oceanfront resort in the Baja Peninsula will soon be home to the third Four Seasons in Mexico. Located on the East Cape on a stunning, swimmable stretch of the Sea of Cortez, the resort will include 141 rooms as well as a selection of Private Residences with private yacht slips and a Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course, within the exclusive Costa Palmas development.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Madrid – A meticulous restoration and conversion of several historic buildings in the heart of the city’s famed Canalejas district is entering its final stages, with the 200 room Four Seasons as the company’s first location in Spain. The property will also incorporate 22 beautifully appointed Private Residences.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Montreal – The company’s fourth property in Canada will open in the heart of Montreal’s best shopping neighbourhood, within a development that will mark the city’s very best lifestyle offerings. Guests can look forward to an all-new 169 room hotel and 18 Private Residences connected to the new Holt Renfrew Ogilvy in the Golden Square Mile neighbourhood, as well as the first Canadian restaurant by famed chef Marcus Samuelsson.
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley – Glasses are already being raised in anticipation of Four Seasons first resort immersed within an estate winery, in partnership with acclaimed winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown, that will be part of the all-new resort set among the mountains and vineyards of one of the world’s top wine-producing regions. Its 85 rooms and 20 residences will extend the diverse Four Seasons California Collection as its eighth location in the state.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences One Dalton Street, Boston – Four Seasons will open its second property in Boston’s prestigious Back Bay neighbourhood, steps from the city’s best cultural, sporting, and entertainment outlets. This sleek, 61-storey skyscraper will be home to 215 hotel rooms and 160 Private Residences and will also include a Zuma restaurant, the renowned Japanese Izakaya with outposts in London, Miami, New York and Las Vegas.
- Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center – The company’s return to the city will showcase the future of hospitality in Philadelphia’s tallest building. At 60 storeys and with 219 rooms, the property will showcase advanced technologies from Comcast as well as world-class dining experiences by top chefs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Greg Vernick, and florals by celebrated creative director Jeff Leatham.
Additional future projects recently announced include hotels, resorts and residences in Dalian, China; Makkah, Saudi Arabia; Hanoi, Vietnam; and Caye Chapel, Belize.
More Ways to Experience Four Seasons
Along with the openings of new hotels and resorts around the globe, Four Seasons continues to enhance its existing portfolio through extensive renovations, extensions, and complementary experiences at the properties guests have come to know and love.
Just in time for winter 2019, Les Chalets du Mont d’Arbois, Megève, A Four Seasons Hotel will debut alongside its sister property, Four Seasons Hotel Megève which opened in December 2017. Guests in Megève can enjoy exceptional dining experiences, with two Michelin-starred outlets including Le 1920 at Four Seasons Hotel Megève, and Prima at Les Chalets du Mont d’Arbois, Megève, A Four Seasons Hotel, which received its first Michelin Star earlier this year.
For those looking to make their time with Four Seasons more permanent, the company will debut its first ever standalone residential project in London’s elegant Mayfair neighbourhood with Twenty Grosvenor Square, A Four Seasons Residence. Following a meticulous restoration, the project will open with 37 exquisite Private Residences as well as the very best onsite facilities and amenities, including a private wine cellar, a spa with an 82 foot (25 metre) swimming pool, a treatment suite with steam room and sauna, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, games room, a cinema, business suite, a garden room and private landscaped gardens.
Strategic Expansion of Private Residences Portfolio
Four Seasons continues to expand its portfolio of Four Seasons Private Residences and currently manages 41 residential properties in 19 countries. Four Seasons residential portfolio contains more than 3,800 residential units globally with a pipeline of more than $10 billion in real estate sales value.
In the next five years, Four Seasons residential portfolio is expected to double, with more than 80% of all development projects including a residential component. The company’s global portfolio is on track to exceed 7,000 homes, making Four Seasons the world leader in luxury property management services. As one of the only hospitality companies to also act as property managers, Four Seasons is able to uphold its standards of quality and service for residents and create a truly exceptional lifestyle – one of the primary reasons buyers pay a premium for a Four Seasons branded residence.
Following the opening of Four Seasons standalone Private Residences at Twenty Grosvenor Square this year, the brand will expand this exclusive collection with standalone Private Residences in Marrakech, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. Currently operating 111 hotels and resorts, and 41 residential properties in major city centres and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveller reviews and industry awards.